Who is it for?
The go to for marketing executives, or equivalent, who have had experience in the industry and are looking to advance their career. You can choose between two qualifications to suit your individual career path.
What you will learn
Applied Marketing (Mandatory) In this module, you will learn about the role of marketing in the organisation and the key concepts that underpin the activities of the marketer. You will explore the marketing environment, customer behaviour in the digital age, market research and the marketing planning process. This will include the marketing mix and a tactical planning framework to aid marketing effectiveness.
Planning Campaigns (Mandatory) This module gives you the knowledge and skills to plan and implement successful campaigns that deliver real results for an organisation. You will learn the campaign planning process including how to analyse an organisation’s current position. You will also learn how to set campaign objectives, implement a campaign then measure and evaluate its success to aid continuous improvement in the fast-changing world of marketing.
Digital Marketing Techniques (Elective) This module focuses on the importance of the ever-evolving, dynamic digital landscape. You will develop skills to improve digital marketing performance and explore the challenges and opportunities within the digital environment. You will also use a range of tools to plan how to enhance an organisation’s effectiveness in the digital age.
To achieve either qualifications at Level 4, you’ll need to gain a pass in both mandatory modules and one elective module.
If you wish, you can study for one module at a time, and build up to a qualification later.
Please contact us to discuss the options open to you.
Applied Marketing (Mandatory)
• The examination will comprise multiple-choice questions to be completed in a controlled assessment.
Unit 1: The Marketing Concept
• Understand the contribution of marketing to the organisation (15%)
• Know what influences customer behaviour across a range of contexts (15%)
Unit 2: Analysis and Insight
• Understand the factors and trends in the marketing environment and how they affect marketing (15%)
• Know a range of options for gathering relevant marketing information (15%)
Unit 3: Marketing Mix
• Understand the application of the marketing mix within different marketing contexts (20%)
• Know how to apply and adapt the marketing mix to satisfy customer needs and business goals (20%)
Planning Campaigns (Mandatory)
• The assessment will require submission of an assignment based on a theme and an organisation of choice.
Unit 1: Campaign Process
• Understand the process of planning a campaign (15%)
• Know how to undertake an internal and external situational analysis (15%)
Unit 2: Planning Campaigns in Action
• Know how to develop a successful campaign plan (30%)
• Understand how to implement a plan in practice (20%)
Unit 3: Campaign Success
• Understand the principles of monitoring a marketing campaign (10%)
• Know how to undertake a post campaign evaluation (10%)
Digital Marketing Techniques (Elective)
• The assessment will require submission of a portfolio/assignment based on a theme and an organisation of choice.
Unit 1: Digital Techniques
• Understand digital marketing tools and techniques (15%)
• Assess different applications of digital marketing (15%)
Unit 2: Digital Enhancement
• Know how to integrate digital and offline marketing (15%)
• Understand approaches to enhancing stakeholder engagement (20%)
Unit 3: Digital Management
• Know how to develop a digital marketing plan (20%)
• Apply and adapt digital marketing analysis (15%)