Who is it for?
Perfect for those new to junior marketing roles or aspiring to enter the industry and looking for the perfect introduction to marketing. You can choose between two qualifications to suit your individual career path.
What you will learn
Marketing Principles (Mandatory) This module provides an understanding of the key concepts and terminology used in marketing. On completion of the module, you will have a knowledge and understanding of the role and function of marketing within organisations, and the factors that influence consumer behaviour. You will also be able to identify key components of the marketing environment and have an appreciation of how to collect and utilise relevant information about the marketing environment. Finally, you will be able to outline the concepts and elements which make up the marketing mix and understand how these are applied in a range of different contexts.
Digital Fundamentals (Elective) This module provides an introduction to the main aspects of digital marketing. On completion of the module, you will have an appreciation of the impact that digital technology has had on marketing activities and its effect on customers. You will have an understanding of the digital marketing tools available, how those tools can be used and how to develop digital marketing content. Finally, you will know how to develop digital communications campaigns and how the effectiveness of those campaigns can be measured.
To achieve either qualifications at Level 3, you’ll need to gain a pass in both the mandatory and elective modules.
If you wish, you can study for one module at a time, and build up to a qualification later.
Please contact us to discuss the options open to you.
• The examination will comprise multiple- choice questions to be completed in a controlled assessment.
Unit 1: Discovering Marketing
• Know the role and function of marketing within organisations (15%)
• Understand the factors that influence customer behaviour (15%)
Unit 2: The Marketing Environment
• Identify the key components of the marketing environment (20%)
• Identify how to collect relevant information about the marketing environment (15%)
Unit 3: The Marketing Mix
• Understand the concept and elements of the marketing mix (20%)
• Understand the application of the marketing mix in different contextual settings (15%)
• The assessment will require submission of a portfolio/assignment based on a theme and an organisation of choice.
Unit 1: Fundamentals of Digital Marketing
• Understand the impact of digital technology on marketing activities (15%)
• Understand the effect of digital technology on customers (15%)
Unit 2: Digital Marketing Tools
• Understand the use of digital marketing tools (20%)
• Outline the development of digital marketing content (20%)
Unit 3: Developing Digital Communications Campaigns
• Know how to develop digital marketing communications campaigns (20%)
• Understand how to measure digital marketing communications campaigns (10%)