Who is it for?
Junior marketers; senior people, particularly in SMEs, where marketing is only part of what they do; or those in marketing support roles, who undertake marketing activities as part of their job. The typical profiles of people who might take this qualification often include:
- Marketing assistants.
- Marketing coordinators.
- Marketing executives.
- Marketing managers in SMEs without formal marketing qualifications.
- Non-marketers with aspirations for marketing.
- Existing marketers wanting to specialise more.
What you will learn
Marketing The role and function and function of marketing in some depth, as well as what influences the behaviour of your customers. You will be able to apply and adapt a marketing mix to satisfy customer needs.
Integrated Communications The many different ways of communicating with customers, both inside and outside the organisation.
Digital Marketing How to apply practical knowledge, including the effective use of a digital marketing toolkit.
Successful completion of three modules will lead to the CIM Certificate in Professional Marketing.
If you wish, you can study for one module at a time, and build up to a qualification later.
Please contact us to discuss the options open to you.
This module is assessed by a two-hour multiple choice question examination.
The Marketing concept
- Understand the role and function of marketing.
- Understand what influences customer behaviour.
Analysis and insight
- Identify factors and trends in the marketing environment and how they affect marketing planning.
- Identify options for gathering relevant marketing information.
- Know the elements of the marketing mix.
- Apply and adapt the marketing mix to satisfy customer needs.
This module is assessed by a work-based assignment.
- Know how to build cross functional relationships.
- Understand how to harness resources to deliver effective marketing solutions.
- Create effective communications to deliver value to customers.
- Understand product and brand management.
- Understand the components of the marketing communications mix.
- Develop integrated marketing communications.
This module is assessed by an e-portfolio.
The digital landscape
- Understand the opportunities and challenges presented through the disruptive digital environment.
- Assess the impact and influence of the dynamic digital environment.
- Know how key digital tools can support and enhance marketing.
- Understand the relevance of digital platforms and channels in context.
Digital in action
- Develop digital activities to support and enhance multichannel marketing.
- Apply the key principles involved in monitoring and measuring digital marketing effectiveness.