Who is it for?
For people of all ages and stages of their career. Ideal for managers in non-marketing functions, entrepreneurs, apprentices and those starting out in a marketing career.
This recognised CIM qualification is ideal if you are working in a marketing support role, or are looking to move into marketing.
What you will learn
Marketing Principles (Mandatory) The function of marketing and its role in an organisation, as well as how the marketing mix is used to satisfy customer needs.
Customer Communications (Elective) The different customers that organisations have, and ways of communicating with those customers, through building a marketing communications plan.
Digital Essentials (Elective) The key concepts associated with digital marketing, and the impact of the changing digital environment in relation to the customer and the digital tools used for communications. You will also consider the importance of digital content in the context of digital campaigns, as well as how campaigns can be monitored.
Successful completion of two modules will lead to the CIM Foundation Certificate in Marketing.
If you wish, you can study for one module at a time, and build up to a qualification later.
Please contact us to discuss the options open to you.
This module is assessed by a multiple choice examination.
- Describe the role and function of marketing within organisations.
- Explain the factors that influence consumer behaviour.
The marketing environment
- Identify the key components of the marketing environment.
- Know how to collect relevant information about the marketing environment.
The marketing mix
- Describe the concept and elements of the marketing mix.
- Know how the marketing mix is applied in different contextual settings.
CUSTOMER COMMUNICATIONS (Elective)
This module is assessed by a work-based project.
Who are customers?
- Have an understanding of different types of customer.
- Understand the nature and importance of customer relationships.
Communicating with customers
- Know the purpose and process of marketing communications.
- Understand the range of different marketing communications tools available.
Creating a marketing communications campaign
- Be able to create and outline marketing communications campaign.
- Be able to implement the marketing communications campaign.
DIGITAL ESSENTIALS (Elective)
This module is assessed by an assignment based on a given scenario and an organisation of choice.
The module comprises six learning outcomes and each learning outcome will be covered by the related assessment criteria. By the end of this module you should be able to:
- Understand what is meant by digital marketing.
- Understand the key factors that influence the digital consumer.
- Understand the key digital marketing communications tools.
- Understand how to develop digital marketing content.
- Be able to develop digital marketing campaigns.
- Understand methods of measuring digital marketing campaigns.