Who is it for?
This programme has been specially designed to equip professionals with core marketing expertise combined with an understanding of the particular requirements of the complex and critical construction industry.
It provides both an internationally recognised qualification in marketing and specific support in applying new skills in the workplace. The programme combines CIM course material and insight, case studies, practical knowledge and mentoring provided by construction specialists. There is also an opportunity to network and engage with members of our CIM Construction Industry Group. Whether you work in a small business in the construction industry, for a manufacturer, a specialist agency or provide materials or equipment to the trade this programme will help you understand your customers and communicate with them more effectively.
What you will learn
Marketing Principles (Mandatory) The function of marketing and its role in an organisation, as well as how the marketing mix is used to satisfy customer needs.
Customer Communications (Elective) The different customers that organisations have, and ways of communicating with those customers, through building a marketing communications plan.
Successful completion of these two modules will lead to the CIM Foundation Certificate in Marketing.
Please contact us to discuss the options open to you.
This module is assessed by a multiple choice examination.
- Describe the role and function of marketing within organisations.
- Explain the factors that influence consumer behaviour.
The marketing environment
- Identify the key components of the marketing environment.
- Know how to collect relevant information about the marketing environment.
The marketing mix
- Describe the concept and elements of the marketing mix.
- Know how the marketing mix is applied in different contextual settings.
CUSTOMER COMMUNICATIONS (Elective)
This module is assessed by a work-based project.
Who are customers?
- Have an understanding of different types of customer.
- Understand the nature and importance of customer relationships.
Communicating with customers
- Know the purpose and process of marketing communications.
- Understand the range of different marketing communications tools available.
Creating a marketing communications campaign
- Be able to create and outline marketing communications campaign.
- Be able to implement the marketing communications campaign.